Saturday, April 10, 2010

LabVIEW Matching Game

This is my first distributed LabVIEW program. Matching Game is exactly as it sounds - a simple game of matching pictures.
It draws from a pool of 100 small pictures, chooses 10 and randomizes them. As you play the game it records how many turns it takes you to win and prompts you for your name to record in a high scores list.

It's very simple for now, but I'll add more things to it as I go, such as:
  • Color/B&W option (B&W images are slightly more difficult to match)
  • Grid size choices - right now it's limited to 4x5.
It requires a working version of National Instruments' LabVIEW 2009 to run. I'll probably downgrade it to also run on LabVIEW 8.0 and I have the option of exporting a stand-alone executable that anyone could play (but that file size would be >200 Mbs, compared with <1 Mb).

If you have the right software, give it a try and let me know what you think! I thought writing it was fun. You can download it from my website: http://nherrick.com/files/Labview.html

No comments: