Sunday, June 21, 2009

An Unexpected Advertisement 2

As I was reading through some articles on the interwebs today, I ran across the following advertisement intriguingly placed on a computer how-to website.


"Self," I thought, "that font looks familiar." So I clicked on it.


No way! The LDS Church (of which I am a proud member.... but not that kind of pride, sheesh) was advertising on this computer website! I couldn't help myself, so I clicked to watch the movie, "Finding Happiness" that they were advertising.

It is a lovely little movie. I was thinking the whole time I was watching it how I might receive it if I was just a random guy reading a computer article and clicked on the nice Asian lady's face out of curiosity. I really think that it approaches those with little or no belief in God a very aptly, very logically but honest manner. Here's an example:
"Something in our heart tells us there is more to life, that real happiness and peace could be ours regardless of our circumstances, if only we knew where and how to find it."
So, I share this for a few reasons:
  1. I was highly amused that the Church was advertising on a computer website, and this blog is for all the various things that amuse me.
  2. I liked the movie quite a lot and this blog is for things that I like.
  3. I'm always trying to help people better understand and not fear or suspect the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I hope you'll enjoy the movie as much as I did:

No comments: