Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Secret Laser Experiments

On Saturday I had a big physics presentation that I had been preparing for for a couple of months. My professor wanted me to talk about research that we had done the past summer, but I thought it was all boring and wanted to work on something NEW. Well, this NEW thing (which I won't be mentioning here...) turned out to be a lot of work. I found myself convincing my own advisor that it actually is a doable experiment! So I think I've succeeded in that regard, now to find $20,000 somewhere...

The reason I won't mention the details of the experiment here is because, well, we don't want any other high-intensity laser labs to get any ideas. This experiment has never been done before and could potentially be very interesting. But I do love to talk about it, so if you want to know the secret, just talk to me in real life sometime. It has to do with LASERS oooooo! I love physics :D

2 comments:

Nae said...

Oooooo! I love lasers too! Way to be a nerd. It's seriously inspiring!!! :)

Unknown said...

At first glance I am thinking that you are probably going to perform some sort of mutation with those green lasers.

It reminds me of the teenage mutant ninja turtles.