Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The (Slightly Boring) Life of a Missionary

Missions are great, but missionaries get awfully bored!

I know I resorted to some pretty wacky stuff to stay entertained during my free time:
  • Trying for hours to catch gophers on a string
  • Seeing how many cheerios "our" dog could catch out of the air at once (...by the way, it was 8)
  • Building a miniature wind-mill from a McDonald's toy and a dismantled CD-player
  • Growing Ivan the Ivy (he was such a happy potted plant)
  • Feeding our pet porch spiders
  • Learning to solve the Rubiks Cube in 1 minute and 42 seconds
  • Inventing a new martial art involving grabby things
  • And, perfecting the art of rotating my thumbs in opposite directions at the same time (mostly while tracting)
As evidence that I was not the only missionary to get starved for fun, I cite the following video:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.