Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dragon Dissection

I'm in a little comedy right now: The Fatted Dragon. It's part of the New Play Project production Long Ago and Far Away.

I play a low-confidence serf in a seemingly collapsing marriage (but which is actually going quite well) set in the fantastic (fantasy) middle ages.

As part of the play, I comedically dissect a dragon, gradually pulling out a pulsing green organ, a giant heart, random entrails, and lots of bones. It's all kinds of fun!

Any and all should come, tickets are only $5, and the show runs through this weekend. With seven short plays total, you're bound to find something you like, even if you don't think I'm very funny!

Visit New Play Project's website for showtimes and ticket sales.

Read a review of the show by a BYU English professor.

4 comments:

Nae said...

Hey, I've heard of that play...
;)
I happen to know that The Fatted Dragon is awesome, and I also happen to second the fact that everyone should come (bringing your entire extended family) and thoroughly enjoy yourselves.

How did you find my blog?

JB Herrick said...

Wish I could be there.

Pop

Bran said...

yippee!!!
Saw it last night... Quite delightful. Highly recommended..
Hsst Yaow!

JB Herrick said...

That was a good review from the prof, Nick. Congratulations! I wish I could see it, it sounds like a lot of fun.